Want to know who, what, where & why? Today, everyone immediately goes online to find their answers. At home or with the continued growth of mobile technology, searching is a way of life. When consumers are shopping, dining, price comparisons, research, real estate, travel, you name it; people are searching. If you have a product or service to sell, you need a digital presence with a robust search marketing strategy.
SERPs, Search Engine Results Pages, deliver both organic and paid search results. When you type in a search query, search engines produce a SERP. Each SERP is unique and sophisticated algorithms customize the user experience based on location, browsing history and social settings.
SEO uses techniques that will help your website and content get top SERP placement organically. SEO requires consistent efforts to achieve best results. Our digital marketing team will help you implement or maintain these strategies to improve your overall organic ranking.
- Content: Content: Great Quality Content is King, and if you want to rank, you need to develop quality content that will keep visitors engaged in your content. Search Engines want to deliver the most relevant high-quality results for viewers, and they are rewarding original authoritative content. Long-tail keywords that answer a query should be your guide to developing content. In the old days of SEO keyword stuffing was the way to go, but today, Google’s algorithms recognize semantic meaning, so it is best to write articles in a natural tone. Longer articles with 1200 to 1500 words will help with ranking. Adding fresh content that is on-time and trending can lead to a boost for ranking.
- Video Content: YouTube is the second largest search engine and gets over 30 million visitors per day in the US. Videos already make “up 64 percent of all internet traffic, according to Cisco’s 2014 Visual Networking Index, and it’s forecast to grow to 80 percent of all traffic by 2019”. Forrester estimates that one minute of video equates to 1.8 million words of text in the message communicated. With correct titling, description, tags, and transcription you have an excellent opportunity to rank. Google will boost the ranking of a page containing video because a video is rich media that is rewarded by the search engines. Adding video to your social pages will increase your social interactions and video likes will boost the overall SEO of your digital videos.
Social Media: While social media may not effect your website ranking, social media profiles are often amongst the top results in search listings for brand names. Social media provides potential customers to see the personality of your business. It is imperative to keep your Google+ page up-to-date since it is prominent for searches of your brand name. Social channels are search engines, and within those channels, potential customers are searching for businesses and products.
- Social Media: While social media may not effect your website ranking, social media profiles are often amongst the top results in search listings for brand names. Social media provides potential customers to see the personality of your business. It is imperative to keep your Google+ page up-to-date since it is prominent for searches of your brand name. Social channels are search engines, and within those channels, potential customers are searching for businesses and products.
- Link Building: Quality Link Building is an essential component of your overall SEO strategy. Every business should list their business on relevant directories. Paid links can have a negative effect on your site, so avoid the easy, quick links. Reciprocal linking is great; again relevancy is key. High ranking blogs and press releases build up link juice, and you should actively seek out links that have natural anchor text. Commenting on forums, with relevant posts will provide valuable links. Again, the key is relevancy; you cannot game the system.
- Mobile Responsive Site: IIf you do not have a responsive mobile site Google will penalize your site and will demote your site from mobile search rankings. If your site is not mobile responsive, there is a good chance your site does not have a modern appearance, and while it may still rank on a desktop, the user experience will not be top level.
- Images: Often overlooked and quickly uploaded is correctly identify images. Make sure to add relevant keywords to your image titles and alt tag that define your pictures. Try to keep images below 70kb to not slow down your site, or use web safe options to reduce file size. Use original well-shot photographs for best user experience.
SEO | SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION - $75.00 PER HOUR
Organic rankings are the ultimate win in Digital Marketing. How do you get there? Content, content, content and more content! Yes, you need to have great title tags, meta descriptions, image tags and URL structure, but unless you are in a non-competitive industry, you cannot ignore content. Search engine algorithms are very smart; it is no longer about keyword stuffing. You need to create authoritative content.
- Keyword Research
- Individual Page SEO
- Meta Tag
- Meta Description
- Page Copy
- Image Titles and Alt Tags
- Inbound and Outbound Linking
- Site Speed
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Develop and Create Content Strategy